Monday, January 3, 2011

Jump Start

Pastor's message yesterday morning was on jump starting areas in your life. He preached from Ezekiel 37 and how God "jump started" the dry bones. I have some dry bone areas in my life that need a jump start!

Last year I got the idea from Amy's blog to have a word to focus on throughout the year. It was "love". I learned a lot about what love is, how to show love, how to accept love, and how to help people through loving them.

One Sunday night I was sitting in church thinking that I needed to come up with a word for 2011. I knew I needed to really focus on Bible reading, prayer, getting finances in order, just getting back on track in general in my life: my home, a schedule, the boys, everything! Just before Pastor told us where in the Bible to turn to, the word came to me! "Work". I had a lot of work to do and I needed to get to work. Pastor has us turn to John 9. "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the might cometh, when no man can work." That's right, Pastor was preaching on work. God just knows His timing, doesn't He?? :)

Pastor said, Work is spiritual: John 6:28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?", Work is rewarding: I Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.", Work is profitable: Proverbs 14:23a "In all labour there is profit:", Work is necessary: II Thessalonians 3:10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.", Work is something we are called to do: Acts 13:2 "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them."

Work. It's my word for 2011. I'm jump starting areas in my life that need work. It's my prayer that 2011 will be more productive because I've gotten a handle on the areas of my life that need work and because I will have learned to work.

No comments: