Tuesday, February 2, 2010

God's test.

Recently I posted (was that just yesterday) about how good God is all the time! I've been giving "advise" to a friend as God puts things on my heart to help her. I've gotten an opportunity to encourage the ladies at CBC. I've picked "love" as my word for 2010 and my theme is 'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. Seek Him early'.

Now, it's time to put it all to the test. It's how God works, right? Gives you lots of information, wisdom, knowledge and then tests you. It's not different from school. Cram the info in, test on to make sure it sticks. Funny thing though, in school I would retain the information just long enough to get through the test and then forget it. God's tests are not so easy to learn, pass and forget. And thank Him for that! The information He gives is far more important than anything learned in text books. Unless, of course, it's His text book.

I found out today that there's a good possibility my job will end on July 1st. Is this news to God?? No. Actually, it's not really news to me. I've had a feeling that my job may be coming to an end. The feeling was obviously from the Holy Spirit. I'm both nervous and excited by this turn of events. Nervous because I don't know what the future holds and I hate not knowing what the future holds! However, I'm more excited because it's an opportunity for God to show Himself in my life. He knows where I'll be come July 1. He knows what job I'll have. My job between now and then is to pray, listen for His still small voice and follow where He leads.

Sweet are the promises, Kind is the word,
Dearer far than any message man ever heard;
Pure was the mind of Christ, Sinless I see;
He the great example is, and pattern for me.

Where He leads I'll follow, Follow all the way.
Where He leads I'll follow, Follow Jesus every day.

Sweet is the tender love Jesus hath shown,
Sweeter far than any love that mortals have known;
Kind to the erring one, Fathful is He;
He the great example is, and pattern for me.

List to His loving words, "Come unto Me",
Weary, havey-laden, there is sweet rest for thee;
Trust in His promises, Faithful and sure;
Lean upon ths Savior, and they soul is secure.

Where He leads I'll follow, Follow all the way.
Where He leads I'll follow, Follow Jesus every day.

I'll follow Lord. Where ever you lead.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey you, I love you and miss you. Psalm 37:23-24 have become my life verses. The Lord gave them to me way back in Sept 2004 when Dewayne got laid off from Anderson Lumber before getting a job with 84. Verse 24 talks about "the Lord upholdeth him with his hand". When going through trials, I just think of this big giant hand under me. I think about that big giant hand under the airplane too when I fly but that's a different story......;-). I'm so glad the Lord is using you to be an encouragement to others.

Carolyn said...

I like that... His big hand holding me up. Thanks for that. I love you and miss you too!