Monday, January 4, 2010

Isaiah 55:8, Psalm 37:23

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

These two verses have been playing in my head last night and today. Well, the second one (Psalm 37:23) has been playing in my head for a couple of weeks now.

Yesterday, I recieved something I rarely look for. I haven't had to. I thought I had possessed it for so long that I didn't think about seeking it out again. Until recently. I was struggling: personally, spiritually, in every, every aspect of my life. It was New Year's Eve I started looking for it again. Peace. Not just any peace. The peace that only God can give. The peace that passeth all understanding. For the last three days I have been begging God to show me something, to tell me something. I needed His guidance, His peace. I thought I had gained it. And just when I was thanking Him for it He told me I didn't have His peace, I had my own will. Then He gave me His peace. My ways are not His ways, My thoughts are not His thoughts. My ways and thoughts would have brought me comfort and ease, good times and loving people. His ways and thoughts will bring me comfort through relying on the Holy Spirit, ease while staying close by His side, good times with people I will come to love.

I will lift up the cross daily in my life through my words and actions... following the One who has ordered my steps.

Lord, Thank you for your peace. Thank you for answering my prayers. Thank you for making it very clear so that I had no doubt it was from You. Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord to the cross where thou hast died. Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord to thy precious, bleeding side.

1 comment:

Mrs.Mike said...

I'm so glad you finally have the peace that truly counts - God's peace! Thank you for sharing, and it's nice to see you posting on here again! :) (I love the music, btw!) Love ya!