Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ok... so I've been a slacker. Can you all forgive me?

Here is a post that is little more than a little thing, but maybe it'll get me back into the spirit of blog each day. Hmm, on second thought, it probably won't, but hey, at least it's a new post! :)

_______________________________

After my mom passed away I moved 45 minutes north and took over her house. It is a huge blessing to be in a house with two crazy boys rather than a tiny one bedroom apartment. When I knew I was getting the house, I had no reservations taking it and moving in right away. We had a Christmas there and have made it our own.

After about a month of commuting two hours a day 6 days a week I got to rethinking this brilliant, seemingly wonderful, blessing. I mean, I get up at 5am five days a week. I leave the house with two tikes no later than 6:45am. It's still dark outside for goodness sakes!! We get home anywhere between 6 and 7pm each night.

Then there came Sundays. Initially I said that there was no way I was transferring membership to the church in my new home town; I was going to be traveling the road five days a week for work, I could and would do Sundays as well. Well, again, after a month of it, it became quite tiring. I'd either stick around town all afternoon or drive back home just to turn around two hours later and drive back.

So what do you do when you're tired and tired of driving two hours plus a day and want to have a good excuse to go to a church closer to home and get a new job and have to put your kids into day care in order to have the new job all so you don't have to drive the two plus hours a day?? You pray. Then just to up the anty you ask your pastor to pray too... nothing will keep you more honest than asking your pastor to pray with you.

So we started praying and I attended that good, soul winning, independent, fundamental Baptist church one Sunday. Man! Let me tell you how great it felt to sleep in until 8am instead of leaving the house at 8am! It felt so great to be home by 12:30pm and not have to leave again until 5:45pm... that's right, 5:45 and not 3:30pm to get to church on time for singing practice and choir practice. It felt SOOO good!!! I was home by 7:30pm and got so many things done around the house.

Then I continued to pray for that good excuse to go to that church just five minutes down from my new wonderful big house. Know what? I couldn't find a single one. Yes the convenience is awesome. Sleeping in would feel so great! Getting a new job wouldn't really be that hard and maybe I could even pay one of the ladies in that other church to watch my boys instead of putting them into a day care. But, when it came down all those fleshy reasons weren't enough to convince me that the church we are in, the one 45 minutes away (one way), is exactly where we are supposed to be.

So last night I thrilled my pastor, his wife and some friends by letting them know that I knew for sure, from the Lord, that West Valley is exactly where we should be. As for the early morning and late nights and two hours in the afternoon... well, I guess we'll just have to keep getting use to it. Knowing that my ankle biters and I are exactly where God wants us is more comforting than my bed. Wait? Did I just say that? Yup, I think I did.

No comments: