Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tea


On another message board I'm on we all got talking about tea. Then someone posted that they liked tea and that surprised some people. In that person's case, they liked cold tea. Me. I prefer hot tea. Especially when I'm sick. Like now. I've got a yucky nose, a head ache and, maybe it's only my imagination, but I think I feel a tickle at the back of throat and in my ears.


After I got cancer, I read that coffee was bad and so I made a switch to this YUMMY! green tea. I love it. I would fix a hot cup of this in the morning, put in a travel cup and drink it all day even as it cooled down. Right now I don't remember if I actually felt, what I've heard are, wonderful effect of the green tea, but I do remember I liked it a lot. I say that in past tense because I've since reverted back to my old bad ways and am drinking coffee again. Shame on me. I really should be drinking more tea.


Today, however, I'm drinking this. I'm sick and I want something to smooth my tickling throat before it does become something more full blown. I've had this tea before when I'm under weather and it works like a charm! I had to sing one Sunday at church and I got a sore throat Wednesday or Thursday evening. I started on this right away and was very pleased with the results.

Do you like tea? Hot or cold? Which brand(s), flavors, etc. are your favorite?

4 comments:

Leah said...

I love hot peppermint tea! I used to drink alot of green tea. Hey, have you checked Southwest Airlines into Birmingham? Sooooo much cheaper I'd guess. I like black tea iced.

Katrina said...

I love iced tea and my favorite hot is cardamon cinnamon. No caffeine and sooo yummy.

I am so sorry you don't feel well. I think the season is starting for sure. I got a germ hug from a sweet first grader today. I had to keep her with tissues all morning and I don't know that those little hands ever got washed.

Carolyn said...

Birmingham? Alabama? Is that even anywhere close to you???

Gotta love the snot hugs, huh? lol Poor thing. I'm going to make some tea now and head to bed.

Leah said...

It's like 2 1/2 hours away, but so much cheaper!