Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkins



One of my favorite things about Fall are pumpkins. I love traditional pumpkins like these! This year the Bug, Tiny Man and I went to a pumpkin patch that had eight different varieties of pumpkins. Wow! Some looked pretty strange, some just looked pretty, but I think the plain ol' orange pumpkin is still my favorite.



These pictures were taken at Apple Hill (another Fall favorite of mine that I will do a little thing on soon). Isn't the field of them beautiful? Doesn't make you want to cut them open and roast them? Make home made pumpkin pies and pumpkin butter and pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin bread and pumpkin chili and pumpkin ... um, other foods? *sigh* Yup. Pumpkins are definitely one of my favorite little things of Fall.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I love the "cinderella" pumpkins! Also the white pumpkins. Did you buy one and what did you do with it?

Carolyn said...

I bought a bunch of different ones and just set them out by our front door. I'm going to roast the "regular" ones and make pumpkin puree a la The Pioneer Woman.

I do love the white ones also.

Katrina said...

We ended up with an orange and white striped one. I have never seen one like it before. I tried to convince Mia to get a white one but she wouldn't.
I got some sugar pumpkins at nugget to roast and puree too. Hope it turns out.

fabulousphildunk said...

We have a great Pumkin in Australia..called Queensland Blue..good for roasting..frying and boiling.

Carolyn said...

sounds yum Australia!

fabulousphildunk said...

I'll try and get some pics on here California.